The list of frequently asked questions provides a quick answer about common Delavan products. It intents to offer a general overview, and a reference knowledge to check first before needing to contact Technical Support.
How do you prime a 4900 roller pump?
4900 roller pumps must be gravity fed.
Roller Pump Repair Kit list
PUMP KIT PART NUMBER Old 4 Roller 44-4000RK 4900C RK-4900 Old 6 Roller 65-6600RK 6900C RK-6900 6900C-R RK-6900 Old 7 Roller 70-7700RK 7900C RK-7900 8900C RK-8900 8900C-R RK-8900 6900DSS RK-6900 6900DSS-R RK-6900 8900DSS RK-8900 8900DSS-R RK-8900
- Roller Pump Speed and Drive list
Pump coupler list
ITEM # DESCRIPTION 50101-1 Set Screw Coupler 90000 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, Dual Speed, 5/8″ Shaft, Steel 90100 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, Dual Speed, 15/16″ Shaft, Steel 90200 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, Dual Speed, 5/8″ Shaft, Aluminum 90300 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, Dual Speed, 15/16″ Shaft, Aluminum 90400 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, 1000RPM, 5/8″ Shaft 90500 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, 1000RPM, 15/16″ Shaft 90600 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, 540RPM, 5/8″ Shaft 90700 1-3/8″ Quick Coupler, 540RPM, 15/16″ Shaft 90800 1-3/4″ Quick Coupler, 1000RPM, 15/16″ Shaft
Can all Roller pumps be directly connect to a PTO?
No. The 4 Roller is the only pump that can not be directly connected to a tractor PTO shaft. If you wish to use it on a PTO, a gearbox is required to increase the speed to 1800-2600RPM.
Does the needle bearing need to be greased?
No, it is sealed and ready to run.
Can a roller pump be run dry?
No, it will melt the pump parts.
Can I use Round-up with a cast iron pump?
It is not recommended to use Round-up with a cast iron pump. A stainless steel pump is better suited for this application.
Can Delavan pumps be used with Ethanol?
No, our pumps cannot be used with Ethanol. The internals will swell and lock up.
Are rollers installed a specific way?
No difference even if the ends are not the same.
What is the best way to store my RollerPRO pump in the off-season?
- Flush out your roller pump with clean water well enough to get rid of the chemicals used. (if need be, take off the cover in order to expose the rollers and flush out that way as well for a more complete clean)
- Use a light oil on the inside of the pump to coat the parts, if you can, rotate the pump for complete coverage
- For best storage, place in a temperature controlled environment.
My Roller Pump does not have the same pressure it used to have. Why?
Over time, small particles can enter the pump and cause damage by wearing the rollers. Once this occurs the pump will lose the solid seal between each roller preventing effective pumping.
My pump is rusty. How should I clean it?
You can clean the pump with steel wool. Please refer to ESR-013.
What should I check if my pump does not flow?
- First, try priming the pump by pouring water into the inlet of the pump.
- Check the rollers for damage. If they are damaged, purchase a repair kit. See Roller Pump Repair Kit list.
What should I check if my pump does not turn?
- Check internals for rust and oil.
- If it still does not turn, purchase new bearings and repair kit. See Roller Pump Repair Kit list.
View All FAQs